Thursday, September 01, 2005

2 Questions and a comment

Ok, in the wake of Katrina, I feel the need to ask for feedback on two questions:

First, does anyone have any suggestions as to what organizations to which to donate? Is the SBC gathering a collection or anything? I never know which organizations are best to donate to as far as how many of my dollars or how much of my help is actually going to the rescue effort rather than to administrative costs.

Ok, and second, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to cope with the rapidly rising gasoline prices? I know the obvious, don't do unnecessary driving, but does anyone have any other thoughts on this?

Last, the comment, prayer, prayer, prayer. Like the situation I discussed in an earlier post, worldwide prayer is needed here.

3 comments:

ouchadjones said...

My bet is always on the American Red Cross, trustworthy and dependable.

As far as gas, I wish I knew, Oklahoma is not one for public transportation, no metro stops here....

Anonymous said...

Lions Club in Fairview is collecting food and donations to take to "Feed the Children" in New Orleans. They're leaving Tues. Will have a collection can at the car show tomorrow and if you miss that, you can find Butch Edingfield at home Sun. Check made out to Fv Lions Club. m.o.m.

Kevin said...

The SBC, as Brian pointed out, is collecting donations. The good thing about the SBC is their attention to not only meeting physical needs but also spiritual needs.