Monday, June 13, 2005

RE: Title of this Blog

I thought it might be a good idea to inform anyone who might stumble across this site about the name. Otherwise, they might think I'm crazy, and that's only partially true. The title is derived from a line from my all-time favorite movie, Fiddler on the Roof. "As the Good Book says, if you spit in the air, it lands in your face!" It's like throwing a boomerang - what's the point? It just comes back to you. Here's the idea: the point of this blog is to get some ideas out there and to start a conversation with the world. The real effect of it will probably be more to allow myself to vent. Hence, the idea of spitting into the wind.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Oy! I can never escape that movie!

Teresa said...

And why on earth would you want to escape that movie? It's only the best movie on the planet! I mean, it's like in "You've Got Mail" where Tom Hanks keeps quoting "The Godfather." "Fiddler on the Roof" has just as much (actually more) to say on any subject you can come up with. Food? As the Good Book says, when a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick! Wealth? If I were a rich man...see? Everything! Stop complaining and enjoy it.